How to Register for the 2024-25 (NEXT) School Year
STEP 1 - Review How to Register Slide Deck
STEP 2 - Verify Residency
STEP 3 - Verify Grade Level Eligibility
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - if they have reached 5 years of age on or between September 2, 2024 – June 2, 2025.
- Kindergarten - if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2024.
- Learn more about our TK program by visiting our Transitional Kindergarten page.
- Students are not eligible to enter Kindergarten or TK for the 2024-25 school year if they are not 5 years old by June 2, 2025. They will be eligible to enroll in Kindergarten the following school year.
- Preschool students currently enrolled in one of our SCSD preschools must still complete the registration process to be enrolled in TK or Kindergarten for next year. If your child is currently enrolled in one of our SCSD preschool classes, they are not yet a matriculated student and are required to register for TK/Kindergarten.
- TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to re-register for Kindergarten as they are already enrolled in our District and will be automatically enrolled in Kindergarten.
- New students entering grades 1-8: Will be placed in a grade level based on their DOB.
STEP 4 - Gather Required Registration Documents
Before starting your online registration, gather all required documents to upload during the registration process.
STEP 5 - Complete PowerSchool Registration During Priority Registration Period - January 9-February 9, 2024
STEP 6 - Visit Your School for a TK/K Parent Information Meeting on January 31, 2024
Families can learn more about their child’s school by attending a TK/K Parent Information Meeting on Wednesday, January 31:
- 8:00 - 8:45 am at Arundel & White Oaks
- 4:00 - 4: 30 pm at Brittan Acres & Heather
STEP 7 - Receive Registration Confirmation
- After you have completed your pre-registration, schools will review your information and contact you if needed.
- A second email with additional instructions and access to complete the online registration process in PowerSchool (InfoSnap) will be sent to you in the Spring.
- Additional health forms due after registration should be submitted to your school office, not the District Office.
Intradistrict Transfer Requests for SCSD Residents Wishing To Transfer to Another School Within SCSD
Elementary Schools | Preschool - 3rd Grade
2757 Melendy Dr.
Administrative Assistant: Jennifer Wood