Have News To Share
About Peachjar e-flyers
Like many school districts across the nation, San Carlos School District (SCSD) has discovered that the old practice of sending hard copy flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. As part of our ongoing commitment to be more environmentally-friendly and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we are transitioning to a digital flyer delivery system. The district has contracted with Peachjar to provide a digital e-flyer service. Peachjar sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. All flyers may be accessed by clicking on the Peachjar button.
Peachjar has many benefits for parents, students, community organizations, and school staff, including:
- Keeps parents informed about school activities and community events/resources
- Saves trees by reducing the amount of paper printed
- Reduces copy costs by thousands of dollars
- Removes the administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers of making copies and stuffing backpacks
- Ensures students stay focused on important academic and extra-curricular activities, instead of delivering paperwork to their parents
Peachjar Information for Parents
San Carlos School District uses an electronic flyer communication and delivery tool called “Peachjar.” This tool allows schools and community organizations to save paper, reduce copy costs and shorten the length of the weekly newsletter. All flyers from community organizations will be posted on the school or district website and sent directly to your email.
To view school-approved flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on the district or your school’s website homepage.
No action is required on your part. You will receive a welcome email from our service provider (Peachjar) that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school digital flyers. To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add firstname.lastname@example.org (or your district’s selected “from email address”) to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. There is also a button to unsubscribe from Peachjar emails. Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe, you may miss out on important information about school events and opportunities for your child.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well-informed about school programs, activities, and events.
Information for Community Organizations
Many local school districts have discovered that the old practice of sending hard copy flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. Beginning in Spring 2018, the San Carlos School District (SCSD) will begin sending digital flyers directly to parents. The district has contracted with Peachjar to provide this digital e-flyer service.
Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events.
If you wish to distribute flyers to SCSD parents, you may register for a Peachjar account as a “Program Provider” and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired schools within GGUSD. Peachjar does charge a fee to Program Providers, but it is significantly less than the cost of printing flyers for our 43,000 students. The cost is $25 per school, per flyer, per month with options to purchase bulk rate packages. Peachjar accepts payment with a credit card or through a PayPal account.
Once you create a Peachjar account, you will upload flyers for approval by the district’s Public Information Office. The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by SCSD. Use of the district’s flyer distribution system shall be under the supervision and control of the Superintendent or designees(s). The district reserves the right to deny any request.
We want to ensure our transition to Peachjar is as easy as possible for our community partners. Please visit https://www.peachjar.com/faqs.html to set up your Peachjar account, and learn how to upload your flyers today.
The process to register with Peachjar is easy:
- Visit www.Peachjar.com and click 'Sign Up'
- Enter email address and choose 'Program Provider' as your Account Type
- Enter User Information and Business Information (first and last name, username, password, org name, category, org type, and location)
Any questions about Peachjar or for help setting up an account, contact email@example.com or (858) 997-2117, option 2.
To submit for a particular school, please select the school below.
Link to all school flyers visit https://app.peachjar.com/flyers/all/districts/5708/
Flyer Distribution Guidelines for Community Organizations
- An organization requesting flyer distribution must be a qualified nonprofit organization in good standing with the California Secretary of State and/or Internal Revenue Service.
- The organization requesting the use of the flyer distribution system must be the lead organization hosting, managing and collecting any fees for the event and therefore must have proof of its own non-profit status.
- Qualified organizations should visit the District flyer distribution system (Peachjar) to register as an “Enrichment or Community Organization”.
- a. Organizations will upload their IRS non-profit status letter and the flyer that they would like to be considered for distribution
- b. Organizations will select which school communities they would like the flyer to be distributed to. Options include specific schools, categories of schools such as, elementary or middle.
- c. Organizations will select how long a flyer is to remain active on a school website(s).
- a. The flyer may be posted electronically to selected school websites, free of charge.
- b. The flyer may also be emailed to parents, staff and community members whom have registered to receive flyers. The flyer distribution system (Peachjar) charges a fee for this service. Fees are set and collected by the company. Service fees may be waived when a local community organization is promoting a free event that does not entice participants to join a fee-based program, or purchase products or services
“San Carlos School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this material. The District accepts no liability or responsibility for the program/activity. The distribution or display of this material is provided as a community service.”
Organizations or individuals that engage in violations of the flyer guidelines may be banned from future distribution of promotional and/or informational materials.