The San Carlos School District accepts Intradistrict Transfer Requests from families that reside within our boundaries to attend another school within the District, Interdistrict Transfer Requests into our district from families that reside outside of our district, as well as Interdistrict Transfer Requests to leave SCSD.
Connections Distance Learning Program
The San Carlos School District is offering K-8 students residing within the boundaries of SCSD the opportunity to enroll in the Connections Distance Learning Program for the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19.
Enrollment in the Connections DL Program closed on July 23, 2020. Transfers after the deadline will be approved on a space-available basis. If you are interested in transferring into the Connections Distance Learning Program, please email both the Transfer Request and the Master Agreement to email@example.com and your child will be placed on a waitlist and notified if space becomes available.
Superintendent Harmeier held a virtual information presentation on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. A copy of the presentation slides can be found here - Connections Distance Learning Information Presentation 7.14.20 - and you may also view it on Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/438410253.
- Intradistrict transfers are limited and all transfer requests must adhere to Board Policies on enrollment priority for neighborhood residents, class size, and consistency of program quality across all schools.
- Parents requesting mid-year transfers must meet with the student's current school principal to discuss the reasons for the transfer request and must work with the principal, or the principal's designee, to resolve any issues prior to submitting an Intradistrict Transfer Request.
- Students who are given the approval to transfer will remain enrolled at the new school through the highest grade level offered at that school and will continue on that new track path for upper elementary and middle school as the new school requested becomes the new “home” school. Multiple transfers will not be considered.
- If you desire to return to your original “home” school, you must reapply for an intradistrict transfer the following year. Determinations to be made in late spring.
Interdistrict Transfer Requests
To request a transfer out of SCSD to another school district or to request to transfer from an outside school district into San Carlos School District (SCSD), please follow the interdistrict transfer processes.
For the 2021-2022 school year, please submit your Interdistrict Transfer request by May 1, 2021.
- Transferring OUT of SCSD: Students who live within the boundaries of SCSD that would like to attend school in another school district must first submit an Interdistrict Transfer Request to the District Office. Transfers must be approved by SCSD before submission to the district desired. Approval to leave the San Carlos School District does not guarantee that the district in which you wish to enroll will approve the request. Once approved by SCSD, we will forward your paperwork to the requested school district. They will notify you of the final outcome of your request. Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transferring INTO SCSD: Students who live outside of the SCSD boundaries wishing to attend school in SCSD, must apply for and receive an approved Interdistrict Transfer from their home school district. Interdistrict transfer requests will only be considered after all in-district students have been placed.
- Please note, we are no longer accepting registration packets from students residing outside of our SCSD boundaries.
- We will review out-of-district applicants if space is available in June-August 2021.
- We recommend that you register within your own district to assure you are registered for school in the fall.
- All transfer requests expire once the school year begins. Applications must be submitted annually.