The San Carlos School District accepts intradistrict transfer requests from families that reside within our boundaries to attend another school within the District, as well as interdistrict transfer requests into our district from families that reside outside of our district.
Intradistrict Transfer Requests
To request a transfer to another school within SCSD, please submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request and follow the transfer process.
- Intradistrict transfers are limited and all transfer requests must adhere to Board Policies on enrollment priority for neighborhood residents, class size, and consistency of program quality across all schools.
- Parents requesting mid-year transfers must meet with the student's current school principal to discuss the reasons for the transfer request and must work with the principal, or the principal's designee, to resolve any issues prior to submitting an Intradistrict Transfer Request.
- Students who are given the approval to transfer will remain enrolled at the new school through the highest grade level offered at that school and will continue on that new track path for upper elementary and middle school as the new school requested becomes the new “home” school. Multiple transfers will not be considered.
- If you desire to return to your original “home” school, you must reapply for an intradistrict transfer the following year. Determinations to be made in late spring.
Interdistrict Transfer Requests
To request a transfer from SCSD to another school district or to request to transfer from an outside school district into San Carlos School District (SCSD), please follow the interdistrict transfer process.
- Transferring into SCSD: Students who live outside of the boundaries of SCSD must submit an Interdistrict Transfer Request from their home school district. Interdistrict transfer requests will only be considered after all in-district transfer requests have been approved. Please submit your request by May 1, 2020. We will review the out-of-district applicants if space is available in August. We recommend that you register within your own district to assure you are registered for school in the fall.
- Transferring out of SCSD: Students who live within the boundaries of SCSD and would like to attend school in another school district must first submit an Interdistrict Transfer Request to the District Office. Transfers must be approved by SCSD before submission to the district desired. Approval to leave the San Carlos School District does not guarantee that the district in which you wish to enroll will approve the request. Once approved by SCSD, we will forward your paperwork to the requested school district. They will notify you of the final outcome of your request. Please email the completed form to email@example.com.
Connections Distance Learning Program
The San Carlos School District is offering K-8 students residing within the boundaries of SCSD the opportunity to enroll in the Connections Distance Learning Program for the 2020-2021 school year due to COVID-19. Superintendent Harmeier held a virtual information presentation on Tuesday, July 14, 2020. A copy of the presentation slides can be found here - Connections Distance Learning Information Presentation 7.14.20 - and you may also view it on Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/438410253.