Intradistrict Transfer Requests for SCSD Residents Wishing To Transfer to Another School Within SCSD | Click here to expand
- SCSD will begin accepting 2024-25 Intradistrict Transfer requests for students that are registered and live within the San Carlos School District boundaries on February 1. Click on the button below to make your request via Google Form.
- The deadline to submit an Intradistrict Transfer Request is Friday, March 1.
- Please email [email protected] if you would like to request a transfer after the March 1 deadline.
- Parents who apply by the deadline will receive a transfer status/waitlist notification email by Friday, March 15.
- Most students will be placed on a waitlist as transfers are limited and approved in the spring after Priority Registration has ended and space availability can be determined.
- Siblings and children of San Carlos School District employees (who work at least 20 hrs. per week) will receive preference into their requested school.
- Students who are given the approval to transfer will remain enrolled at the new school through the highest grade level offered at that school and will continue on that track for upper elementary and middle school, as their transfer school becomes their new “home” school.
- All transfer requests must adhere to Board Policies on enrollment priority for neighborhood residents, class size, and consistency of program quality across all schools.
- Once a transfer request is approved, if you wish to return to your original “home” school, you must apply for an Intradistrict Transfer to return. The request will only be granted if there is space available in the grade level requested.
- Parents requesting mid-year transfers must meet with the student's current school principal to discuss the reasons for the transfer request and must work with the Principal, or the Principal's designee, to resolve any issues prior to submitting an Intradistrict Transfer Request.
- All transfer waitlists expire once the school year begins.
- If you have questions about your Intradistrict Transfer Request, please email [email protected].
Interdistrict Transfer Requests for Non-SCSD Residents Wishing to Transfer Into SCSD | Click here to expand
- SCSD will begin accepting and processing Interdistrict Transfer requests from outside school districts for the 2024-25 school year on February 1.
- We recommend parents contact their Home School District in January to request a transfer out. If the District of Residence approves the request, they will send the paperwork to SCSD for processing.
- Students who live outside of the SCSD boundaries wishing to attend school in SCSD, must apply for and receive an approved Interdistrict Transfer from their District of Residence (home school district).
- All Interdistrict Transfer requests will be placed on a waitlist. Transfer students are approved on a space-available basis and will only be considered after all in-district students have been placed. Siblings of current students and employees will receive priority.
- Parents who apply by Friday, March 1 will receive a transfer status/waitlist notification email or a letter will be mailed Friday, March 15. Some districts do not provide SCSD with parent email addresses - if that is the case, a letter will be mailed home.
- Once the school year begins, the transfer waitlist expires and we no longer accept Interdistrict Transfer requests for the year. Transfers will not be granted after the first day of school.
- We highly recommend that you register with your home school district to assure you are registered for school in the fall.
- Annual Renewal - New and continuing students must submit an Interdistrict Transfer request and receive approval from their home district each year. If you received an Interdistrict Transfer prior to 2020, you do not need to complete this process, as your child has been grandfathered into our District through 8th grade.
- If you have questions about your interdistrict transfer request, please email [email protected].
- We are no longer accepting transfer requests for the 2023-24 (current) school year.
CURRENT STUDENTS - Process for students currently attending an SCSD school who have recently moved out/will be moving of the District:
Interdistrict Transfer Requests for SCSD Residents Wishing to Transfer to Another District | Click here to expand
- Students who live within the boundaries of SCSD that would like to attend school in another school district must first submit an Interdistrict Transfer Request to the District Office. Please email the completed form to [email protected].
- Transfers must be approved by SCSD before submission to the district desired. Approval to leave the San Carlos School District does not guarantee that the district in which you wish to enroll will approve the request.
- Once approved by SCSD, we will forward your paperwork to the requested school district. They will notify you of the final outcome of your request.