Copy of How to Register for the 2022-2023 School Year
STEP ONE - Review Key Dates
STEP TWO - Verify Grade Level Eligibility
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - if they have reached 5 years of age on or between September 2, 2022 – February 2, 2023. Learn more about our TK program by visiting our Transitional Kindergarten page.
- Kindergarten - if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2022.
- Students who do not turn 5 by February 2, 2023 are not eligible to enter Kindergarten or TK for the 2022-23 school year.
- TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to register for Kindergarten as they are already enrolled in our District and will be automatically enrolled in Kindergarten.
- Preschool students currently enrolled in SCSD must still complete the registration process to be enrolled in TK or Kindergarten. If your child is currently enrolled in one of our San Carlos Preschool classes, they are not yet a matriculated student and are required to register for TK/Kindergarten.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
STEP THREE - Verify Residency
STEP FOUR - Gather Required Registration Documents
Before starting your online registration, gather all required documents to upload during the registration process. Incomplete student registration packets will not be processed and may delay your enrollment.
- Child's Original Birth Certificate - Passport, attested baptism certificate, or statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying date of birth.
- Proofs of Residency
- Current utility bills from two different sources (for example PG&E, Recology, Comcast, California Water Service). Must show names, service address and residence address as one and the same.
- One of the following:
- Homeowners - Sales contract, grant deed or current property tax bill (must show names, service address and residence address as one and the same).
- Renters - Current rental agreement with resident's name and address, phone number of manager/landlord listed on the document. If rental agreement is passed expiration date or month-to-month, must also include a current dated status letter from landlord.
- Legal Affidavit of Parent Residence - Most present deed, property tax bill or rental agreement plus 2 utility bills of the person with whom you are living. Affidavit of Residency Form must be notarized.
- Immunizations - Statement from doctor's office with all current immunizations listed. (Required at time of registration). Personal Beliefs Exemptions do not apply.
- Driver License - Provide parent Driver License or Photo ID.
STEP FIVE - Complete PowerSchool Registration
STEP SIX - Registration Confirmation
- After you have completed your pre-registration, schools will review your information and contact you if needed.
- A second email with additional instructions and access to complete the online registration process in PowerSchool (InfoSnap) will be sent to you. Additional health forms due after registration should be submitted to your school secretary.
- Please contact your neighborhood school if you have questions regarding registration and enrollment as we are no longer accepting registration at the District Office.
Elementary Schools (Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten - 3rd Grade)
2757 Melendy Dr.
Administrative Assistant: Pooja Mehra