Science and STEM Fair
San Carlos School District Science/STEM Fair
The San Carlos School District Science Fair is a community-based mentoring program. The goal of the program is to have Science professionals (in the parent and broader community) mentor students who want help with their science fair project. The Mentor Program complements and reinforces the California Standards for Science and supports student learning of the scientific method. As a result, our students produce exceptional science fair projects that are competitive in the County, Bay Area and State competitions.
- The San Carlos School District Science Fair is open to all students in grades 5-8 attending Arroyo Upper Elementary, Mariposa Upper Elementary, Central Middle School, Tierra Linda Middle School, or San Carlos Charter Learning Center.
- Projects can be conducted by either an individual student or a pair of students. The project must be an original project. Students will select a topic or scientific question and submit their project for approval to the San Carlos Science Fair Review Board.
- All projects must be original and completed at home by the student.
- Finalists from the San Carlos District Fair may qualify to go on to the San Mateo County Science Fair. Finalists from the County Fair may then qualify to go on to the Bay Area Science Fair and/or the California State Science Fair.
- Examples of the wide variety of projects possible can be found here: http://csef.usc.edu/History/2019/Panels/