ROPES is the Rite Of Passage ExperienceS program that is specifically designed as an optional enrichment activity as students complete a cycle of their education (early mastery, intermediate mastery, advanced mastery). ROPES is an opportunity for students to participate in an academic ritual by way of real-life learning experiences. The ROPES project gives students an opportunity to explore and demonstrate project based learning.
This year (2022-2023), as in years past, grades 4, 6, and 8 will have the opportunity to complete ROPES projects. Join us at our ROPES Information Night on Zoom November 3, 2022 at 7:00pm for students and parents. Please see list of events below. Additionally, we’ve had some inquiries regarding the Science/STEM Fair projects and whether these would qualify for a ROPES project. First of all, we would like to share that completion of a Science/STEM Fair project could count toward a ROPES project if it is something that your child is passionate about learning. It may (or may not) have a community/society benefit but it must have a personal benefit to your child. Further, it must fulfill all of the ROPES requirements including a written report, self assessment, oral presentation, visual aid and completed time log. If you are starting now on any project, be sure that you are logging your hours!
Searching for parents, staff and members of the community to become panelists for ROPES presentations March 7,8, or 9. Become a member of our panelist group today! Select one or more days/times to volunteer:
Tuesday March 7 4:00-6:30 (In person)
Wednesday March 8 2:30-5:30 (Zoom presentations and In person)
Thursday March 9 6:00-8:30 (In person)
The training session for all (new and seasoned) panelists will be Wednesday, March 1 from 7:00-7:45pm on Zoom. Training will be recorded and available.
Important Dates for 2022 – 2023 ROPES program:
- 11/3/22 Information Night (4th, 6th, and 8th) - Recorded Video 1 and Video 2 and Slides
- 12/2/22 Registration Deadline at 5:00 PM and join the ROPES Google Classroom
- 1/19/23 4th graders will receive information to sign up for their presentation night
- 1/26/23 6th & 8th graders will receive information to sign up for their presentation night
- 2/9/23 All grades need to be registered for a judging time slot
- 3/7/23 All projects are DUE on Google Classroom
- 3/7-3/9 All students will present their ROPES Project on one of these afternoon/evenings
ROPES Community Recognition events - during school virtual assemblies or advisory/pack times
You can also contact [email protected]
for more information. Please note that this is a student driven project. Please be sure to have the students contact us with their questions.