ROPES is the Rite Of Passage ExperienceS program that is specifically designed as an optional enrichment activity as students complete a cycle of their education (early mastery, intermediate mastery, advanced mastery). ROPES is an opportunity for students to participate in an academic ritual by way of real-life learning experiences. The ROPES project gives students an opportunity to explore and demonstrate project based learning.
This year (2020-2021), as in years past, grades 4, 6, and 8 will have the opportunity to complete ROPES projects. More information to come at our ROPES Orientations. Please see list of orientations dates/times below.
- 10/29/2020 Orientation (4th, 6th, and 8th) - 6:30-7:30pm, slides here, recorded session here
- 11/20/2020 Registration Deadline at 5:00 PM.
- Participants will receive an email to join a Google Classroom for ROPES for the 20-21 school year. This Google Classroom will be were students can receive announcements and reminders, as well as how they turn in their project components.
- 1/13/2021 4th Graders will receive information to sign up for their presentation night
- 1/19/2021 6th & 8th graders will receive information to sign up for their presentation night
- 1/22/2021 All grades need to be registered for a judging time slot
- 2/2-4/2021 All students will present their ROPES Project on one of these afternoon/evenings via Zoom
- 3/3/2021 ROPES Community Recognition event - format TBD
Click here for the 2020-2021 ROPES Registration Form