The SMARTE Afterschool Clubhouse is dedicated to enriching children's lives after school. We provide a fun, safe and welcoming place to spend time each day. Through daily homework help, physical activity, and STEAM enrichment, children enhance their academic performance and character development preparing them for future success.
Our program is available to students at our four elementary schools - Arundel, Brittan Acres, Heather and White Oaks. Each program offers age-appropriate educational and enriching activities in a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Afterschool Hours of Operation
The SMARTE Afterschool Clubhouse is open from the end of the school day until 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Parents may pick up children from the program at any time. Children must be signed out of the program by an approved adult. There is no additional charge to accommodate children for additional hours for early dismissal time on parent conference days and minimum days. Our program follows the school district calendar and is closed on non-student days.
K-Play Program Hours of Operation
The K-Play Program is open to "Early Bird" students who are dismissed one hour before the upper grades. K-Play students attend the program from 1:30-2:30 pm only, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Students must be picked up by a parent or authorized adult BEFORE full school dismissal of upper grades or they will be charged full-time fees.
Program Fees - Monthly Rate
5-Days (Monday-Friday/2:30-6:00 pm) - $750
3-Days (Monday, Wednesday, Friday/2:30-6:00 pm) - $450
2-Days (Tuesday, Thursday/2:30-6:00 pm) - $300
K-Play (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday/1:30-2:30 pm ONLY) - $150
Health and Safety
SMARTE is committed to providing a safe environment for our children and staff. We follow the Four Pillars framework essential to creating and sustaining the safest, most healthy environment for students and staff.
- Health and Hygiene - We will practice daily hygiene routines, conduct daily health screenings, including temperature taking, providing essential protective equipment (EPE), and conducting effective cleaning routines.
- Physical Distancing - We will have spaces set up in our classrooms for each student that provides safe distancing in addition to using outdoor space.
- Face Coverings - All students and staff are required to wear masks at all times while on campus.
- Limited Gatherings - Students are placed in groups of 12 with 2 staff members.
- Daily Sanitation - Daily Sanitation will take place throughout the day. In addition, we deep clean the classroom twice a day.
We are excited to welcome you to the SMARTE Afterschool Clubhouse for the 2020-2021 school year!