San Carlos School District Preschool is built on the principle that children learn best through play! In our rich, developmentally appropriate environment, positive self-identities and proactive communication skills develop through hands-on experiences. As children engage in multi-sensory activities they are involved in experiences which build awareness of varied viewpoints. Children are encouraged to explore, invent, and discover ways to create their own unique understanding of the world. We value family traditions and family involvement in the ongoing education of young children. We believe in building a strong community through mutual respect, cooperation, understanding, and open communication.
DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE PRACTICE
We follow Developmentally Appropriate Practice, which is a guideline for educators designed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). It is a guideline for maintaining a high-quality program. The basics of these guidelines are as follows:
- Curriculum is based on knowledge of how children learn.
- Activities and learning experiences reflect concepts and ideas that are relevant to the child’s world.
- Teachers understand the sequence of development, and that children develop at their own, unique rate.
- Individual and cultural variation is celebrated.
- Teachers provide many opportunities for children to work in small groups to practice problem-solving.
- Teachers provide opportunities for children to choose their own activities from varied learning areas based on program goals and information teachers have collected about each child.
We will begin accepting pre-registration forms for the 2021-2022 preschool year starting October 1, 2020. If you are interested in applying, please fill out the Pre-Registration form associated with your Home School. Only one pre-registration form may be submitted. Pre-registration forms will continue to be collected until Friday, February 26, 2021. If you have any questions, please email San Carlos Preschool Director to Sue Dawley.
In the event that we have more applicants than we have spaces for, we will hold a lottery to determine preschool placement. We will begin notifying families shortly thereafter. Applicants will be notified by March 12, 2021, based on the results of the lottery.
PRESCHOOL TOUR DATES FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
All tours 9:00-10:00am - Masks required with physical distancing.
||Brittan Acres Preschool
||White Oaks Preschool
If you have any questions, please email San Carlos Preschool Director to Sue Dawley.
200 Arundel Road
- Penguins 650-832-4679
- Turtles 650-832-4678
Brittan Acres Preschool
2000 Belle Avenue
- Ducklings 650-508-7330
- Blue Jays 650-832-4041
2757 Melendy Drive
- Hedgehogs 650-654-7646
- Seahorses 650-597-1039
- Dragonflies 650-832-4531
White Oaks Preschool
1901 White Oak Way
- Room D Butterflies
- Room E Honey Bees