Families & Community » Free & Reduced-Price Meals | EZ Meal Application

Free & Reduced-Price Meals | EZ Meal Application

Meal Application Flyer Image
Please Support Schools by Completing an EZ Meal Application 
We ask all families to complete the EZ Meal Application, regardless of family income. Completing this form helps your school receive more funding to support your child's learning environment and might qualify your family for additional benefits and services. The application is used to calculate school funding levels from the state and federal level. Click on the link below to apply online or download a paper application below.

If you prefer to submit a paper application, please download it by using one of the links below and submit it to:

San Carlos School District
ATTN: Lisa Ceragioli
1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9
San Carlos, CA  94070

An original, signed application is required for qualification; faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. If there are more household members than the number of lines on the application, attach a second application. You will be notified by mail regarding eligibility.

Information about the USDA Free and Reduced Price Lunch program can be found by viewing the following documents:

Income Eligibility Guidelines
(effective July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024)
Household Size Annual Monthly Twice Per Month Every Two Weeks Weekly


$ 26,973

$ 2,248

$ 1,124

$ 1,038

$ 519


$ 36,482

$ 3,041

$ 1,521

$ 1,404

$ 702


$ 45,991

$ 3,833

$ 1,917

$ 1,769

$ 885


$ 55,500

$ 4,625

$ 2,313

$ 2,135

$ 1,068


$ 65,009

$ 5,418

$ 2,709

$ 2,501

$ 1,251


$ 74,518

$ 6,210

$ 3,105

$ 2,867

$ 1,434


$ 84,027

$ 7,003

$ 3,502

$ 3,232

$ 1,616


$ 93,536

$ 7,795

$ 3,898

$ 3,598

$ 1,799

For each additional family member, add:

$ 9,509

$ 793

$ 397

$ 366

$ 183

Additional Resources
Pandemic EBT (or P-EBT) is a federal program that gives eligible families food benefits in addition to free or reduced-price meals at school. Please note that if your student qualifies for Free or Reduced-Price School Meals, you are eligible to receive additional funding for groceries; please see this website for more information. You DO NOT need to apply for P-EBT. Cards are automatically sent to eligible families based on information from other programs, including CalFresh Food benefits and free or reduced-price school meals. You can apply for free or reduced-price school meals through your school. You can apply for CalFresh Food benefits at GetCalfresh.org
SamTrans Bus Passes
Additionally, if your student qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch, they can receive a free SamTrans bus pass for the school year. 
Please reach out if your student(s) would like a free bus pass or if you have any questions regarding P-EBT - Ilana Yakubovich, Wellness Director, [email protected] - 650-597-1035. 

Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA.  The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation.  The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by: 

(1)       Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)       Fax: (833) 256-1665 or  (202) 690-7442; or
(3)       Email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.