Prequalification and/or CUPCCA
- Brittan Acres & Arundel Schools Painting Project
- White Oaks Painting Project - Phase 2
California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565 went into effect on January 1, 2014. AB 1565 requires ALL General Contractors and M/E/P Subcontractors be prequalified, if the project is valued at $1 million or more and funded whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds.
Public Contract Code 20111.5 enables districts to require prime contractors to be prequalified prior to accepting bids.
Public Contract Code 20111.6 requires the district to do so for certain projects. This applies to prime contractors and MEP sub-contractors with the following licenses:
- General Contractors (A and B), Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46)
- The District must receive complete applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for a project in excess of $1,000,000 and partially funded by the State. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.
- Link to law: Click here
CUPCCA (informal bidding)
Public projects of forty-five thousand dollars ($45,000) or less may be performed by the employees of a public agency by force account, by negotiated contract, or by purchase order. (b) Public projects of one hundred seventy-five thousand dollars ($175,000 If all bids received are in excess of one hundred seventy-five thousand dollars ($175,000), (c) the governing body of the public agency may, by adoption of a resolution by a four-fifths vote, award the contract, at one hundred eighty-seven thousand five hundred dollars ($187,500) or less, to the lowest responsible bidder, if it determines the cost estimate of the public agency was reasonable.
- per Public Contract Code 22032 and Public Contract Code 22034 (Please note that these links do not work well in Safari. Please consider using another browser.)
San Carlos School District has contracted with Colbi Technologies to provide a web-based process for prequalification called Quality Bidders. To get started Click Here to Sign Up…
- For detailed instructions in completing your application, please navigate to the bottom of the page from this link Contractor Instructions
Please contact Lisa Ceragioli with any questions at email@example.com or 650-590-5927. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the use of the Quality Bidders web-based tool.
Thank you for your interest in prequalify and working with San Carlos School District.
Approved Contractors List: Click here
Approved Contractors List for CUPCCA: Click here
Appeals Process: Click here