- COVID-19 Resources for Families
COVID-19 Resources for Families
- FeverFree Daily Health Screening App - In order to be prepared for the time when students return to campus (either for support services, assessments or for more classroom-based learning), we are implementing a daily health screening tool called FeverFree. All students or staff members who are coming to a school or the district office need to complete the health screening at home, prior to arriving on campus. Students who have not completed this health screening prior to coming to school will be sent home. You will receive an invitation to join the FeverFree platform before your child returns to school.
Download FeverFree here | Descarga FeverFree aquí
- Tutorial Videos for SCSD Families and Students
- Households with Multiple Children
- Video Tutorial for Families with Multiple Children in the District (English)
- Tutorial para familias con más de un niño en el distrito (próximamente)
- SCSD Pandemic Handbook for Distance Learning
- “Blue Book” - Page 20: Considerations for Students Coming Onsite
- Handout for Families (English) (Spanish)
COVID-19 Recommendations Checklist for K-12 Schools & School-based Programs
This guidance should be used as a complement to the County Office of Education’s Pandemic Recovery Framework, and will be updated regularly to reflect any changes based on the county’s pandemic recovery planning
Please take advantage of the no-cost surveillance COVID-19 testing provided by the San Mateo County Health Department.
Please sign up for weekly testing for yourself and your child.
Contact your health provider for a test if you have symptoms or know you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
Keeping COVID cases off of our campuses will keep our in-person learning possible. As a reminder, if a student or teacher tests positive for COVID, we will need to transition that cohort back to distance learning for at least two weeks to avoid spreading the virus.
Sign up at one of the following locations to begin your regular weekly testing:
Agencies Providing Guidance
Please consult these (COVID-19) webpages on the sites of these organizations for the most authoritative guidance.
- CA Safe Schools For All Hub - The Safe Schools For All Hub consolidates key resources and information related to COVID-19 and schools.
- CDPH Reopening In-Person Framework K12 - a single consolidated framework and updated guidance for K12 schools
- State of California's COVID-19 Website and Blueprint for a Safer Economy: covid19.ca.gov
- San Mateo County Health Department Website
- Health Officer Statements by County Health Office Dr. Scott Morrow
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Updated regularly by CDC)
- Centers for Disease Control - COVID-19 Videos in Español
- California Department of Public Health
- San Mateo County Office of Education
- San Mateo County - Subscribe to Emergency Operations Center for bulletins.
- Community Resources including food, housing, employment, small business, and much more.
- COVID-19 Education Partnership for San Mateo & Santa Clara County School Districts
The Silicon Valley Community Foundation, in partnership with the San Mateo County and Santa Clara County Offices of Education, has established the COVID-19 Education Partnership to expand the local capacity of school districts to address the extraordinary educational and mental health needs of students as efficiently as possible.
Taking Care of Yourself and Your Family
Personal protective care is one of the most effective ways to maintain good health. BrainPOP.com has several wonderful resources for families to visit, and of course, CDC has a wealth of information.