San Carlos School District will be opening the first window of registration for any
NEW students enrolling for the 2018-2019 school year, starting on October 9, 2017.
This registration window is for all new incoming Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten
and any new 1st through 8th grade students.
Registration for all grades will be open for a 5-month period for any NEW incoming students. The registration process is centralized at the District office for all schools except the San Carlos Charter Learning Center
(please visit their website for their registration procedures).
Please do NOT go to individual schools to register. If your child is a current student at one of the schools of the San Carlos School District in either transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or grades 1 to 8, you are not required to re-register during this window. For all students currently attending a SCSD school for the 2017-2018 school year, an email with your child’s InfoSnap code and instructions will be sent out later in April 2018 for you to re-register your child online and no action is required at this time.
As always, it is a high priority that we place students in their neighborhood school as availability allows, as we prioritize keeping siblings together. In the case where a school is over-enrolled, we will apply additional criteria to determine the order of placement of students.
October 9, 2017 through March 2, 2018
Students born as follows:
- Transitional Kindergarten: September 2 to December 2, 2013 (No exceptions).
To be eligible for transitional kindergarten the child’s 5th birthday must be between September 2 – December 2, 2018
- Kindergarten: December 3, 2012 to September 1, 2013 and any child eligible for transitional kindergarten(TK) in 2017-2018 school year with a birthday between September 2 to December 2, 2012. (Those TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to register for kindergarten as you are already registered.)
State law requires that to be eligible for kindergarten in September 2018, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2018.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age, if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
San Carlos School District Office, 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9
For additional information, please call the registrar at (650) 508-7333 ext. 934
8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
For detailed information and required documentation please see below. For faster service, you can download and complete ahead of time the Registration Form 2018-19 and the Home Language Survey: (ALL FORMS ARE AVAILABLE BELOW)
Please see the District/School Boundaries page to verify your location within the San Carlos School District, know which school zone your property is in, and understand the enrollment preferences.
The enrollment process is as follows:
1. Download the New Kindergarten Enrollment Application Form or the New Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Application Form and the Home Language Survey. After forms are completed, please submit them in person to the District Office, located at 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9, San Carlos, between the hours of 8:30am- 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. (or by appointment). Bring with you an original copy of all required documents. If you come with a copy and the original, this will expedite the process greatly. Otherwise we can make copies at the District Office. The following documents are REQUIRED for registration:
2. The first round of kindergarten and transitional kindergarten registration will close at 4:30 p.m. on March 2, 2018. All registrations received by March 2, 2018 will be included in the initial school placement for the 2018-2019 school year. Registration will remain open for San Carlos School District residents after March 2nd, and placements are made weekly. Please note that due to staff time constraints that you might not be notified immediately of your placement.
3. District will then notify all families as to where their child’s placement will be for the coming school year. (Decisions to be made as per Board adopted “preferences” procedures
). If you have not heard from the District as to where your child was placed by March 26, 2018 and you registered between October 9, 2017 – March 2, 2018, please call our District Registrar at 650-508-7333.
4. In April 2018, parents will receive additional instructions and access to complete the Online Registration Process using InfoSnap (our online student data entry system). The CHDP Health Assessment and the Oral Health Assessment must be submitted to the school of assignment after April 2108. If your child has outstanding immunizations that are not due until their 5th birthday, please provide the most current records when you register and then provide an updated hard copy to the District Office or assigned school or email it to the school nurse by August 11, 2018. Please note that if you do not have up-to-date immunizations before your child’s first day of school, they will not be permitted to come to school.
Please mark your calendars with the appropriate dates.
All Registration Forms (forms provided in PDF format)