San Carlos School District will be opening the first window of registration for any
NEW students enrolling for the 2019-2020 school year, starting on November 1, 2018.
This registration window is for all new incoming Kindergarten, Transitional Kindergarten
and any student in grades 1st through 8th that will be new to the District (currently enrolled students do not need to complete this process).
Registration for all grades will be open for a 4-month period for any NEW incoming students. The registration process is centralized at the District office for all schools except the San Carlos Charter Learning Center (please visit their website for their registration procedures). Please do NOT go to individual schools to register.
CURRENT STUDENTS: If your child is a current student at one of the schools of the San Carlos School District in either transitional kindergarten, kindergarten or grades 1 to 8, you are not required to re-register during this window; an email with your child’s InfoSnap code and instructions will be sent out towards the end of April 2019 for you to re-register your child.
NEW STUDENTS: Registration for the 2019-20 School Year
November 1, 2018 through March 1, 2019
Students born as follows:
- Transitional Kindergarten: September 2 to December 2, 2014 (No exceptions).
- To be eligible for transitional kindergarten, the child’s 5th birthday must bebetween September 2 – December 2, 2019.
- Kindergarten: December 3, 2013 to September 1, 2014 and any child eligible for transitional kindergarten (TK) in 2018-2019 school year with a birthday between September 2 to December 2, 2013. (Those TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to register for kindergarten as you are already registered. See Current Students section above.)
- State law requires that to be eligible for kindergartenin September 2019, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2019.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
San Carlos School District Office, 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9
For additional information, please call the registrar at (650) 508-7333 ext. 934
8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday or by appointments
For detailed information and required documentation, please see below.
For faster service, you can download and complete ahead of time the Registration Form 2019-20 and the Home Language Survey: (ALL FORMS ARE AVAILABLE BELOW)
Please see the District/School Boundaries page to verify your location within the San Carlos School District, know which school zone your property is in, and understand the enrollment preferences.
- Registration will remain open for San Carlos School District residents after March 1st, and placements are made weekly, thereafter, on a first-come, first-serve process. Please note that due to staff time constraints that you might not be notified immediately of your placement. Notifications will begin to go out for in-district residents by the end of March 2019. We appreciate your patience.