School Board Appointment Process - April-June 2021
San Carlos School District Board of Trustees
Appointment Process for Selection of Board Member
On April 7, 2021, Trustee Carol Elliott announced her resignation from the SCSD Board of Education. At the April 22, 2021 regular meeting, the Board announced that Trustee Elliott's seat would be filled by provisional appointment. We invite anyone who is interested in joining the Board to review the following information.
Education Code requires that individuals who serve on the Board of Trustees must be 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a resident of the school district, a registered voter, and not disqualified by the constitution or laws of the state from holding a civil office. Furthermore, an individual cannot be a current employee of the District.
Key Dates for Candidates
- April 29 - Candidate Sheet Available
- May 4 and 10 - Candidate Information Sessions
- May 17 - Candidate Information Sheet Due by 9:00 am
- May 21 - Candidates Selected/Notified
- May 27 - Special Board Meeting: Candidate Interviews and Final Selection
- June 3 - Regular Board Meeting: Oath of Office
Candidate Information Sessions (optional)
Members of the Board will hold Candidate Information Sessions for potential candidates via Zoom teleconference. During this meeting, Board members will explain the level of commitment that Board service requires and will respond to questions regarding the roles and responsibilities of Trustees. Minutes will be taken during these sessions. Interested potential candidates should email Veronica Rickson, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link to participate in either or both of these meetings.
Candidate Information Sessions
- Tuesday, May 4 - 7:00 - 8:00 pm
- Monday, May 10 - 7:00 - 8:00 pm
Individuals interested in being considered for an appointment to the San Carlos School District Board of Education for a term ending December 2022 must engage in the following process:
- Obtain the Candidate Information Sheet from Veronica Rickson at email@example.com.
- Candidate Information Sheets will include full name, address, and a signed statement that they are 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a resident of the district and a registered voter.
- The Candidate Information Sheet must be submitted by 9:00 am on Monday, May 17 as instructed on the form
- Failure to comply with the requirements above may cause disqualification.
The Board welcomes community input regarding what candidate qualities or factors the Board should consider during the selection process. Such input, as well as letters of support for individual candidates, can be emailed directly to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.