How to Register for the 2021-2022 (Next) School Year
Join Zoom Meeting
98928214883?pwd= am90ZGhrTEdSUGY5Rm9jWWR5VWViUT 09
Meeting ID: 989 2821 4883
- Watch on YouTube
Welcome to the San Carlos School District! We are excited to welcome you to our schools and help guide you through the process of registering your child. The information on this page explains the process for registering all new incoming Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten students, as well as any student in grades 1-8 that will be new or returning to SCSD for the 2021-2022 school year.
The 2021-2022 new student registration process begins on January 20, 2021. The link to the online pre-registration form will become available at 12:00 pm (noon) on this page on January 20. Priority registration ends on Friday, February 26, 2021.
- See our Key Dates for Registration page for more information on when to register.
For the 2021-2022 school year, students are eligible to enter the following grade levels based on their age:
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) - if they have reached 5 years of age on or between September 2 – December 2, 2021 (TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to register for kindergarten as they are already registered. See Current Students section below.)
- Kindergarten - if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2021.
- Students who do not turn 5 by December 2, 2021 are not eligible to enter Kindergarten or TK for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Current SCSD Preschool Students Must Still Register for K or TK: If your child is currently enrolled in one of our San Carlos Preschool classes, they are not yet a matriculated student and are required to register for Kindergarten.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
Please see the District/School Boundaries page to verify your location within the San Carlos School District and find your school assignment based on your residence address.
- We are no longer accepting registration packets for students who reside outside of the SCSD boundaries. If you are interested in transferring into SCSD from another school district, please see our Transfer Requests page for more information on the Interdistrict (Out-of-District) Transfer process.
- Employees and siblings of concurrently enrolled students will be given enrollment priority.
- We will begin accepting Interdistrict Transfer Requests in May 2021.
STEP FOUR - Gather Required Registration Documents
Before starting your online registration, gather all required documents to upload during the registration process. Incomplete student registration packets will not be processed and may delay your enrollment confirmation.
- Original Birth Certificate, passport, attested baptism certificate, a statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying date of birth, or affidavit of parent, guardian, or custodian of minor certifying date of birth
- Current Proofs of Residency (current property tax or rental agreement) AND two current utility bills from different sources (for example PG&E, Recology, Comcast, California Water Service)
- Immunizations (complete list of all current immunizations)
- Driver License or Picture I.D.
STEP FIVE - Complete PowerSchool Enrollment
We are transitioning away from paper forms and families will be required to create a PowerSchool Enrollment account in order to register students. The link will be available here and open on January 20, 2021 by 12:00 pm noon. Priority registration ends on Friday, February 26, 2021.
STEP SIX - New Student Registration Confirmation
As parents complete their registration and document upload online, schools will review and begin contacting parents to confirm enrollment. Please note, we are no longer accepting registration at the District Office. Please contact your neighborhood school if you have questions.
Elementary Schools (TK - 3rd)
200 Arundel Road
Principal: Jennifer Gaboury
Administrative Assistant: Jeanne Bartkowiak
Brittan Acres School
2000 Belle Ave.
Principal: Suzanne Fast
Administrative Assistant: Dianne Mack
2757 Melendy Dr.
Principal: Pamela Jasso
Administrative Assistant: Pooja Mehra
|White Oaks School
1901 White Oak Way
Principal: Leah Scholer
Administrative Assistant: Teresa Williams
Middle Schools (6th - 8th)
|Central Middle School (6th-8th)
757 Cedar Street
Principal: Tom Domer
Admin Assistant: Vickie Gamez
Tierra Linda Middle School (6th-8th)
750 Dartmouth Ave.
Principal: Kristen Ugin
Admin Assistant: Cori Carpenter
Charter School (K-8th)
|San Carlos Charter Learning Center
750 Dartmouth Ave.
Director: Stacy Emory
Coordinator of Operations: Quinta Ekong