How to Register for the 2020-2021 (Current) School Year
Welcome to the San Carlos School District! We are excited to welcome you to our schools and help guide you through the process of registering your child. Please follow this process if you are registering for the 2020-2021 school year.
STEP ONE - VERIFY GRADE LEVEL ELIGIBILITY
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) if they have reached 5 years of age on or between September 2 – December 2, 2020 (TK students currently enrolled in SCSD do not need to register for kindergarten as they are already registered. See Current Students section below.)
- Kindergarten if they have reached 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2020
- Students who do not turn 5 by December 2, 2020 are not eligible to enter Kindergarten or TK for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
- Current SCSD Preschool Students Must Still Register for K or TK: If your child is currently enrolled in one of our San Carlos Preschool classes, they are not yet a matriculated student and are required to register for Kindergarten.
STEP TWO - VERIFY RESIDENCY
- Please note, we are no longer accepting registration packets for students who reside outside of the SCSD boundaries. If you are interested in transferring into SCSD from another school district, please see our Transfer Requests page for more information on the Interdistrict Transfer process.
STEP THREE - DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
Download and complete the SCSD Registration Form and the Home Language Survey, see side panel for document PDFs.
REQUIRED REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS:
- SCSD Registration Form TK-8 Grade
- Home Language Survey
- Original Birth Certificate, passport, attested baptism certificate, a statement by local registrar or county recorder certifying date of birth, or affidavit of parent, guardian, or custodian of minor certifying date of birth
- Current Proofs of Residency (current property tax or rental agreement) AND two current utility bills from different sources (for example PG&E, Recology, Comcast, California Water Service)
- Immunizations (complete list of all current immunizations)
- Driver License or Picture I.D.
STEP FOUR - CONTACT YOUR SCHOOL OFFICE
Please contact your assigned school (listed below) to turn in documents via email. During COVID, schools are closed and not accepting in-person appointments. We are no longer accepting registration at the District Office.
Elementary Schools (PK - 3rd)
2757 Melendy Dr.
Administrative Assistant: Pooja Mehra
|White Oaks School
1901 White Oak Way
Administrative Assistant: Teresa Williams
Middle Schools (6th - 8th)
|Central Middle School (6th-8th)
757 Cedar Street
Admin Assistant: Vickie Gamez
Tierra Linda Middle School (6th-8th)
750 Dartmouth Ave.
Admin Assistant: Cori Carpenter
Charter School (K-8th)
San Carlos Charter Learning Center
750 Dartmouth Ave.
Office Manager: Miriam Peirano