Essential Worker Childcare Programs
- Preschool for 3-5 year olds will be operated by our San Carlos School District Preschool.
- SMARTE Clubhouse will provide a program for TK-3rd grade students at each elementary school.
- Legarza Sports has a facility use contract with SCSD to operate childcare for students in grades 4-8 at Arroyo school.
- Preschool, Sue Dawley at email@example.com
- SMARTE Clubhouse, Amber Farinha at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legarza Sports at email@example.com
SMARTE Clubhouse for Essential Workers
We are so excited to welcome some of our students back to campus and look forward to having a fun-filled time at our SMARTE Clubhouse! Our program offers a quiet place for students to complete classwork, access distance learning and participate in recreational/enrichment activities in a safe, 2:12 ratio environment. The program is offered Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-3:00 pm with a 2:12 staff to student ratio. The is $300 per week.
Once registered, our staff will reach out to parents to confirm their student’s school schedule, what time they need to be on Zoom calls, and what classwork they need to complete for the week. Our program is not intended to replace school time, but rather to assist students with work as needed.
- 9:00-10:00 - Arrival/Playtime (music and games, reading, drawing, arts & crafts, yoga, outside time, etc)
- 10:00-12:00 - Classwork or Quiet Playtime (based on student’s schedule)
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch/Recess
- 1:00-2:00 - Classwork or Quiet Playtime (based on student’s schedule)
- 2:00-3:00 - Playtime (music and games, reading, drawing, arts & crafts, yoga, outside time, etc)
SMART Clubhouse Social Distancing Measures
- Groups of 12 or less (no intermixing with any other groups by kids or staff)
- Daily Symptom / Temperature checks for students
- Affidavit of adherence to county social distancing regulations (student and household)
- Participants will bring all of their own food and drink (no sharing allowed)
- Coaches to wear masks, participants over the age of 5 to wear masks
- Frequent hand washing
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting
- Individual equipment (no sharing)
- Spaced out activities (no gameplay or activities inside 6 feet)
- Modified curriculum
Support for Daytime Learning Needs
- Participants will need to bring all of their own classwork and materials, including technology and headphones
- Our SMARTE Clubhouse staff will coordinate with families to understand when participants will need to log in to classroom lessons with teachers
Fun Age-Appropriate Activities to include (but not limited to):
- Spaced out Sports Activities (competitions, challenges within own space/equipment)
- Physical Exercises & Games (obstacle courses, warm-ups, music/dance)
- Fun Games (soccer golf, frisbee golf, scavenger hunts)
- Misc (arts & crafts, movies, reading)