School Board Elections Coming Soon
As you may be aware, 2017 is an election year for the San Carlos School Board. This November, voters will elect three members to the school board. Many of you have asked what it takes to run for school board and what it’s like to serve as a Trustee. Given that potential candidates must declare their intentions to run by this summer, the school district would like to hold an informal information session for anyone interested in running for school board or who just wants to learn more about it. This session will be on March 28th at 6:30pm at the San Carlos School District Board Room (1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9B) and is open to all. Specific areas that we’ll cover include:
- What is the process to run for office?
- What is involved in running an election campaign?
- What are the responsibilities of a board member?
- What time commitment is involved?
- What else is involved in being a school board member besides attending meetings?
Current school board members will be here to give you their perspective and answer these and other questions. Come join us!