The SAN CARLOS SCHOOL DISTRICT will be accepting centralized REGISTRATION for incoming students in Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and grades 1st through 8th for the 2017-18 school year!
Registration will be open for a 5-month period for all grades. The registration process is centralized at the District office for all schools except the San Carlos Charter Learning Center (please visit their website for registration procedures). Please do not go to individual schools to register. As always, it is a high priority that we place students in their neighborhood school as availability allows, as well as keeping siblings together. In the case where a school is over-enrolled, we will apply additional criteria to determine the order of placement of students.
WHEN: October 3, 2016 through March 3, 2017
WHO: Students born as follows:
- Transitional Kindergarten: September 2 to December 2, 2012.
To be eligible for transitional kindergarten the child’s 5th birthday must be between September 2 – December 2, 2017
- Kindergarten: December 3, 2011 to September 1, 2012
State law requires that to be eligible for kindergarten in September 2017, a child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2017.
- Grades 1-8: Will be placed in the grade following the last one they attended, or according to their age, if it is their first time attending public school in the United States.
WHERE: San Carlos School District Office, 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9
For additional information, please call Carolina at (650) 508-7333 ext. 934
HOURS: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
HOW: For detailed information and required documentation please see below. For faster service, you can download and complete ahead of time the Registration Form 2017-18 and the Home Language Survey .
Please see the District/School Boundaries page to verify your location within the San Carlos School District, know which school zone your property is in, and understand the enrollment preferences.
The enrollment process is as follows:
- Download the New Kindergarten Enrollment Application Form or the New Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Application Form and the Home Language Survey. After forms are completed, please submit it in person to the District Office, located at 1200 Industrial Road, Unit 9 in San Carlos, between the hours of 8:30am- 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. (or by appointment) along an original copy of all required documents. If you come with a copy and the original, this will expedite the process greatly Otherwise we can make copies at the District Office. The following documents are REQUIRED for registration:
- Enrollment Application Form 2017-2018 for either Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or Grades 1-8
- Original Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate
- Current Proof of residency (current property tax or rental agreement) AND two different current utility bills
- Home Language Survey
- The first round of kindergarten and transitional kindergarten registration will close at 4:30 p.m. on March 3, 2017. All registrations received by March 3, 2017 will be included in the initial school placement for the 2017-2018 school year. Registration will remain open for San Carlos School District residents after March 3rd, and placements are made weekly. Please note that due to staff time constraints that you might not be notified immediately of your placement.
- District will then notify all families as to where their child’s placement will be for the coming school year. (Decisions to be made as per Board adopted “preferences” procedures). If you have not heard from the District as to where your child was placed by March 20, 2017 and you registered between October 3, 2016 – March 3, 2017, please call our District Registrar, Carolina De Vito at 650-508-7333.
- In April 2017, parents will receive additional instructions and access to complete the Online Registration Process using InfoSnap (our online student data entry system). In addition, The CHDP Health Assessment and the Oral Health Assessment must be submitted to the school of assignment. If your child has outstanding immunizations that are not due until their 5th birthday, please provide the most current records when you register and then provide an updated hard copy to the District Office or assigned school or email it to the school nurse by August 11, 2017. Please note that if you do not have up-to-date immunizations before your child’s first day of school, they will not be permitted to come to school.
Please mark your calendars with the appropriate dates.
All Registration Forms (forms provided in PDF format)
- Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Form 2016-2017
- Transitional Kindergarten Enrollment Application Form for 2017-2018
- Grade 5-8 Middle School Electives for 2016-2017
- Grade 5-8 Middle School Electives for 2017-2018
- Affidavit of Residence
- Affidavit of Caregiver
- Oral Health Assessment
- Health Examination *Please make sure that your child’s physical is performed after March 2017 (Please note that Immunization Exceptions will not be accepted for the 2016-2017 school year)
- Home Language Survey – English
- Home Language Survey – Spanish
- Informal Language Survey-Eng
- Informal Language Survey – Spanish
- Letter from School Nurse Regarding Immunizations